[Zope] Question on manage_pasteObjects

iap_y2fun.com iap@y2fun.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:18:07 +0800

I have a ZClass based on OFS:File.
The problem is that I can't paste a instance of that class except that
I am a "Manager". In other roles, I get a error message which says
that that object(instance of my ZClass) doesn't support the paste operation.

The work-around is:
to set the proxy role of a wrapper DTML-method ( which calls
manage_pasteObjects)
to be "Manager".
I think this work-around gives too much permissions.
It implies that user can paste everywhere, doesn't it?
My question : is there any better way or probably right way to do the same
thing?
( I have tried to check all permissions for that role in context, well, it
doesn't work)
Thanks.

Yap, Singuan