[Zope] Help wanted on Zope ZClasses/DTML please.

Seb Bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:49:45 -0000

> I have worked out thanks to Seb's comments that the problem I
> have with the
> use of manage_delObjects is (I think) that I am passing in the title or id
> of the object to be deleted rather than the object itself.

Not quite... manage_delObjects takes a string which is the id of the object
to be deleted.  Your example

    <dtml-call "manage_delObjects('the_id')">

was passing a string 'the_id' to the method.  I might have interpreted what
you were trying to do wrongly, but I believe you actually wanted to pass the
_value_ of the_id.

> I want to put the object into the REQUEST so I can still access it from a
> different namespace - at the point I want to do the deletion, my target
> object is out of scope.

In fact you just have to put the correct string into the REQUEST and then
make sure you have the object you're trying to reference in your current
namespace, e.g. by using <dtml-with foo_namespace><dtml-var
"manage_delObjects(the_id)"></dtml-with>.  If you need more help, post the
snippet you're working on again.

seb.