[Zope] Is data.fs corrupted?

Bill Welch bill@carbonecho.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:59:49 +0000 (GMT)

In my case, I couldn't import DemoPortal.zexp or Wizard.zexp from PTK
because oid 1377 was already in use. The pickle dump that followed
contained references to ZDiscussions, which I had deleted some time
before.

After deleting the offending products and their directories, restarting
zope, and packing, I ran tranalyzer -r on my problem Data.fs. I found that
the problem oid was in this transaction:

"/Control_Panel/Products/manage_importObject

import into /var/lib/zope/var/Data.fs from
/var/lib/zope/import/ZDiscussions.zexp"

referred to by this transaction:

"Installed product DemoPortal"

in turn, referred to by this tranaction:

"Added Globals"

I think ZODB corruption when I see a record in one product refer to
a record in an independent product and when the transaction of a deleted
product doesn't go away.