[Zope] Zope Book (Error and Suggestion)

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:59:54 -0600

At least I think it's an error (either in my understanding or in the
book).

First off, I think the books great. Finally something that's trying
to explain what's going on.  Zope looks so cool, but it's been hard
for a hardcode PHP and Perl programmer like me to get my brain around it.

Anyway, my suggestion is that all the image URLs be fixed so that
your book can be easily mirrored with normal web-tools.  Perhaps
even offer a version that's downloadable.  When I went to mirror it,
my mirror software choked on image urls like:
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/SimpleExamples.html/Figures/5-7.png

The mirror was so I can use it at home where I don't have a
reasonable net access (very flaky 56k, it hoses up frequently as
it's through work).

The error or problem that I have run into is that I can't get the
Guest Book in chapter 5 to work.  They python method listed there
does not work for me.  I'm using Debian Unstable (Woody) with these
versions of packages:
ii  zope           2.2.2-3        The Z Object Publishing Environment
ii  zope-bytecodeh 0.1.7-2        Rewrite bytecode of functions to do unlikely
ii  zope-pythonmet 0.1.7-2        Allows ZopeMethods to be written in plain Py

That's bytecodehacks and pythonmethods on the bottom there.

The error message is:
Error Type: NameError
Error Value: context

I have no idea how to fix this, so I'm asking here.

Ciao!

--
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
	-- Linus Torvalds

The Doctor What: Not that 'who' guy              http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC