[Zope] XML Document & DTML's tree, HiperDOM

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:03:32 -0500

> > The answer to these questions and more can be found at dev.zope.org.
> > The fishbowl keeps better track of projects than any human.
>
> The tempation to say "and the fishbowl confuses more humans than any
> project can keep track of" was to great ;-)
>
> It's not actually true, I guess, except for me. I went and had a look at
> the HiperDOM project and couldn't make heads or tails of what the status
> was. That put me off even looking for session tracking...

Note that the Fishbowl is still somewhat immature - the specific
problem of finding out the status of things is something I'm
working on (albeit slowly, unfortunately). Very Soon Now there
will be some built-in support to help this.

In the meantime, project leaders will need to go the extra mile
to try to make it clear to readers where things stand. There is,
after all, a "CurrentStatus" page dedicated to this. If the
CurrentStatus is empty or clearly out of date, readers of the
project should prod the project leader about that (their contact
email should be in the project).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909