[Zope] ZClasses & inheriting property(sheets) : yes/no?

Aaron Straup Cope asc@vineyard.net
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:22:06 -0500 (EST)

Thanks!

I have a new question that may (?) be the same old one in a different
form:

The idea is to have two ZClasses, say Foo and Bar. Bar is a nested class
of Foo. The Foo object should be able create n instances of the Bar
objects and the Bar object should also be able to create n instances of
other Bar objects.

Creating Bar in Foo is no problem.
Creating Bar in Bar is a problem since Zope won't display the interface
for adding objects. Adding new Bars is selected in the permissions
menu/tab for both ZClasses.

Foo inherits ZClass:ObjectManager and Bar is a "child" of Foo. I've tried
grovelling around the mailing-lists and seen discussions about inheriting
OFS:Folder and/or issues of folderish-ness.

I tried making Bar inherit OFS:Folder, but then I just got a popup menu
that lets me create Foo, but not Bar.

I'm confused and starting to feel like a bit of a dumb-ass. Can someone
point me in the right direction? Thanks,