[Zope] LDAP variable problem 'title'

Michael Blewett michael.blewett@sci.monash.edu.au
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 14:29:44 +1100

Hi Zopistas,

Firstly, a big thank you to all thos epeople who helped me with KeyError
problem when accessing LDAP entries.
Just so the solution makes it onto the mailing list archive (for the next
bunny who has the same problem) the solution was to add the following to
each of your variables

missing=

...so that when Zope came across entries without that attribute it didn't barf.

I now have one last problem. I can now access all entries from the LDAP
directory using the notation <dtml-var sn missing = &nbsp;>- all except one
- the "title" attibute .

I am guessing that it is because Zope uses "title" to reference the title
of the object in the zope database, and therefore won't let you get at the
ldap variable using the normal:
<dtml-var title> notation.

Is there any way I can pinpoint the LDAP variable instead of the object
title in zope? I have no control over the ldap server and attributes name,
so I can't change it at that end.

When I test the LDAP filter method I can see the variable (it lists all of
the attributes of the LDAP record), but I can't reference it in DTML.
My filter method is called 'Academics' and just extracts a list of
academics in the biology department here at Monash University. I'm sure
there must be a way using python notation, but not being a python expert
(yet!), I could do with a few clues...

Any ideas?

Thanks again...

  - Michael
Michael Blewett
Computer Support Mgr - Biological Sciences
Monash University (Clayton Campus)
Victoria Australia 3168

"I'm out of my mind at the moment, but feel free to leave a message..."