[Zope] Dr.Watson on NT

TMGB bennettt@am.appstate.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:35:44 -0500

I have been running a Netscape WEB Server on an Alpha NT for 3-4 years
and the Doctor Watson window being open has always denied access to the
web server from a browser although other access is not stopped such as
telnet and mapped disks.  Finally, I set Doctor Watson not to pop up on
alerts so I have to regularly access the Dr. Watson log file, but have
not had web access denied since doing that.

So, I don't think this is actually Zope related specifically but maybe
WEB server in general.

Thomas

"Júlio Dinis Silva" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there a NT guru in the house :-)
>
> Zope 222
>
> Sometimes Zserver goes Zombie, I login on the machine and I see a
> DrWatson Window. I close DrWatson window and the process automagically
> restarts, and everything ok.
>
> Whenever this happens two logs are written in EventLogger:
> -one is a Warning: Restarting Zope...
> -one is a Info: starting Zope...
> With a couple of seconds of distance in time between them.
>
> I can see something is puting ZServer zombie and I'm looking
> at debug to find the sucker method :-) but this DrWatson
> behaviour never seen by me before: could be Zope doing a Zombie Timeout and
> restarting himself? If yes why does he hangs and only by closing the
> DrWatson Window the python.exe process really restarts?
>
> Any comments, tips, Dr.Watson Guru?
> Best Regards,
> Júlio Dinis Silva

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine