[Zope] SSL and relative links (URLs)

Dustin Engelhaupt zope@engelhaupt.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:05:47 -0600

Hello all,

I am running Zope 2.2.2 and accessing it through Apache & FastCGI. I
want to access some of the content through SSL and some without. What I
have done is set up 2 FastCgiExternalServer directives in Apache. One in
the non-SSL area (/non-SSL/dir/zope) and one in the SSL enabled area
(/SSL/dir/zope_ssl).

BTW, this is the only way I have figured out to be able to serve zope
content through both SSL and non-SSL enabled delivery on a single zope
server. The obvious problem here is that content meant for SSL can be
accessed through non-SSL and vice-versa. If anyone has come up better
solution, please let me know.

My real problem is that when I call a zope object relatively (ex-
href="zope_object" instead of href="zope_object.absolute_url()" or
href="https://bla.com/zope/zope_object"), the protocol is displayed as
http instead of https. I had this problem with absolute_url() until I
installed SSLAbsoluteURL (shameless SSLAbsoluteURL plug). Is there
anyway to remedy this situation with relative links?

Thanks,
  Dustin