[Zope] CMS isn't word, is it? ($12M round of investment)

peter bengtson peter@grenna.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:11:22 -0000

"content management", says Paul
Is that word different from "content management system"? Known also as CMS?

My mother tongue is not english, but this feels like a techie (or perhaps
e-business) question of english.
I feel that if I were to deliver a management interface for a client I would
probably not give them /manage access. Rather I would give them a few
Security protected forms to fill in and work with.

Sometimes people say "Zope?? Isn't it that content mangement system tool for
portals an stuff?"

I think of a content management system as an interface to handle content
such as images and text and files etc.
And the content management system Zope has, as an interface to handle
objects and work and visualization etc.

Am I completely wrong, or is there a big confusion with these words?