[Zope] Help needed with LoginManager and REMOTE_USER authentication

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:57:52 +1100

I want to use REMOTE_USER authentication so that I can authenticate people
using IIS NT authentication intergration.
IIS is set up and passing the correct REMOTE_USER to Zope. I set up
LoginManager with a GenericUserSource. Now I figure I want anyuser that can
pass the IIS security to be a user, ie no presistant list of users I want to
check against. I figure I can do this by creating pythonMethods for
userAuthenticate and userExists which both return 1. I did this but every
time I try to access a page protected by the LoginManager I get the
following error "Sorry AUSLABS\dylanj, you are forbidden to access this
resource." saying that the GUF stuff is probably not working.

Anyone with any ideas whats wrong or with a better way to do what I want?

The problem I seem to have is that when I activate the GUF user source I
lose management access to the LoginManager object. If its not working and
therefore not authenticating me then shouldn't use aquisition to find a
acl_user folder lower down to authenticate me and therefore let me use the
management interface like normal?