[Zope] The new Python Method renaming Poll

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:02:37 -0500

Michel Pelletier wrote:
>     *Once again* we will be soliciting names from inside DC and from the
>     community.  In addition to submitting a name, we encourage you to also
>     submit a one-liner description or justification for you name, it can be
>     in any form, Haiku poetry, a Dutch sea-shanty, a Monty Python quote,
>     anything *relevant* to encourage people to vote for your entry.

Make one of the choices "Python ZMethod".  It's short and sensible
because these objects have behaviors only somewhat different from real
Python methods.

Also include "Python Op".  It rolls off your tongue like a gumdrop.
It's not overloaded, nor is it a new word like "ZMethod".

Finally, include "Python Web Method".  These objects have certain
behaviors that are appropriate for the WWW, such as traversability and
security restrictions.

Shane