[Zope] Sending Application to User?

Gary Perez garyp@asti-usa.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:57:19 -0500

Hello, all.

Here's what we're trying to do:

User clicks on a link to open a remote interface to Box A on the
network. The "remote interface" is really a python script that's run by
Python on the client machine (not the Zope Box or "Box A").

We got it to work by specifying the MIME type in a DTML Method followed
by the python code itself, again inside the DTML Method.

Is there any way to first specify the MIME type in a DTML Method, and
then point to either a) a .py file object in Zope, or b) a .py file in
the external file system?

I really don't want to edit the code in the method every time the module
changes... I'd much rather just upload the new .py file.

A <dtml-call "RESPONSE.getFile(filename.py)"> would be great... if it
existed. ;)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
-Gary