[Zope] Running Mailman CGI under Zope ZServer

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:59:02 -0600

At 09:55 AM 11/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Any chance I could take a look at your code?

1. Make a soft link from HOME/OF/MAILMAN/Mailman to HOME/OF/PYTHON/LIBS
(usually /usr/lib/python1.5).
2. Now you are able to use all the Mailman Python modules in all of you
Python programs including Zope.
3. The methods (External Methods) I used:

from Mailman import MailList

def addMember(email, passwd):
     mlist = MailList.MailList('members')
     mlist.ApprovedAddMember(email, passwd, 0)
     mlist.Unlock()

def delMember(email):
     mlist = MailList.MailList('members')
     mlist.DeleteMember(email)
     mlist.Unlock()

Note: If you go and read the Mailman source code, you can figure out many
more functions, that are just the 2 I used to add/delete members.

4. As I mention before, you should run Mailman and Zope as the same user to
not conflict with the DB permissions. I never fully tested that though.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter