[Zope] Problems with External Method

Oleg Broytmann phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:09:18 +0300 (MSK)

Hello!

   I've stucked with a problem with External Methods. I wrote an External
Method and sterted to debug it. After some period of bugs fixing in the
method Zope responded "Error. Cannot import default_render..." and oops -
my Method removed from its folder... Not exactly "removed" - Zope converts
it to a folder-like object (there is folder icon on it instead of External
Method icon), but I cannot enter the folder.
   I removed the folder, recrated External Method and continued debugging.
But Zope continues to "remove" the method from time to time, and the more I
work on the method the more frequently Zope requires me to recreate the
Method.
   What's this? Normal behavior on buggy External Method or bug in the very
Zope? My Method is very simple, I do not touch Zope internals there... or
at least I *think* I don't touch :)

   (Zope 2.2)

Oleg.
----