[Zope] Search and replace

Daniel Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:21:03 -0600

I have been following this thread with mild amusement. Those of you who
don't think that there is any need for a search and replace are being,
at the least, disingenuous. Have you never needed to replace a dtml var
that is on a hundred or more pages with another one, but replace it only
on some of the pages???

The lack of a search and replace, a find that actually "finds" a string
on a page (instead of just the page) and other standard editor features
are the reasons why Zope is being phased out of this companies (15,000
person worldwide company, the worlds largest web hosting and fiber optic
network) web tool set.

Don't get me wrong, I think Zope is the greatest thing since sliced
bread. But, if Zope is to become anything other than a bastion for open
source zealots (myself included), a real editor is a necessity not a
nicety! Zope had the opportunity to sweep this company ( it could have
ended up on hundreds if not thousands of servers) but the lack of a
professional interface doomed it.

DR