[Zope] Re: You are currently working in version No

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:57:15 +0100

On 21 Nov 2000, 18:41  zope@zope.org wrote:

> I'm just figthing with a somewhat strange and annoying error on one of
> my production sites.
>
> After saving and leaving a version named "neu", I'm now confronted
> with a system which says "You are currently working in version No "
> right after I enter a management screen, and before I really enter
> anything.
>
> Well, there is no Object called "No" at all on this site.

To follow-up on my own posting: I somehow managed to fuddle me
out of this mess. After noticing that "version management" told me
something about working in "neu", I concluded that it might just
become confused about the name, and tried to rename version
"neu" to "No".

No luck.

neu may not be renamed.
[OK] [Cancel]

Oh well. What about adding a third button labeld "Retry"?  :-}

Hm, "Ok" seems appropriate here.

Nice traceback (see below), but magically, now I'm not working in a
 version anymore.

So I tried to start working in "neu". Works. But now I notice that it
is claiming to work in a version "neu" in a _different_ parent folder.

Do empty versions remember the name of their parent folders?
Why?

Anyway, I deleted and recreated the empty version, just to be sure.

<snip>

Traceback (innermost last):
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 155, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_renameObjects)
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 117, in
missing_name
  File F:\zope\ntklotz1\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py,
line 551, in badRequestError
BadRequest: (see above)

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include