[Zope] ZClass/DTML Document transparency

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:19:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Randall Kern writes:
>  > ....
>  > In the case of DTML Documents, the following works fine:
>  >
>  > <dtml-var sequence-item>
>  >
>  > In the case of ZClasses, I have to use something like this:
>  >
>  > <dtml-with sequence-item>
>  >   <dtml-var index_html>
>  > </dtml-with>
>  > ....
>  > But this is rather ugly, and it's the sort of thing one shouldn't have =
>  > to do in an oo system.
>
> You may look at the mixin "ZCallable".
> I do not know what it does but the name suggests, it might
> perhaps help you.

I could not make ZCallable work ("too many datafull baseclasses" even if
it is the *only* baseclass).

Maybe you could use the Renderable product, which lets you override the
__str__ method.

Stefan