[Zope] Date

Mario Olimpio de Menezes mario@curiango.ipen.br
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:50:29 -0200 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hum, but then you also have to take into account the possible year change.
> But a nice idea.
>
> Tom.
>
> At 23:17 21/11/2000 +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >Tom Deprez writes:
> > > Does someone knows how to calculate the date after 6 months of a
> certain date?
> > >
> > > eg ZopeTime() + 6 months?
> > >
> > > Is there an easy formula for this? Or do I've to check myself for a new
> > > year, leap year
> >When I would need it (and did not find a better method),
> >I would use (in an external method):
> >
> >  1. convert to a Python time tuple
> >  2. add 6 to the month component (creating a new tuple)
> >  3. convert back to a DateTime object.
> >
> >It might be necessary to normalize the time tuple
> >before 3. with an "time.localtime(time.mktime(tup))".

it seems that DateTime has some functions to do addition and
subtraction; i'm not sure about the behaviour, but it can do:

aDateTime + other
  A DateTime may be added to a number and a number may be added to a
  DateTime; two DateTimes cannot be added

maybe you could do some tests to see the results with this
functions. see DateTime.html in /path/to/zope/lib/python/DateTime

as a guess: aDateTime + 6 x 30

[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21