[Zope] Microsoft Access database

John Cappelletti jcappell@averstar.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:07:57 -0500

I am running Zope on a Win 98 system and would like to establish a
connection to a MS Access database. The ZSQL Methods User Guide
identifies several databases with which Zope is compatible--Access is
not among them. However, ODBC is.  I attempted to setup ODBC,
experimenting with File DSN and placing the database file in the
var/gadfly directory (admittedly, I don't have a working knowledge of
how to setup ODBC). Following the normal Zope database connection
procedure, Zope appears to connect to the database but a test query does
not work (table/object not found).

What is the process for connecting to a MS Access database? Can it be
done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Cappelletti
  AverStar, Inc.
  1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 700
  Vienna, VA 22182-2249
  Tel: (703) 827-2606 x 4291 (also, 301 443-7509)
  Fax: (703) 827-5560