[Zope] [Urgent] Zope good for multiprocessor hardware

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:44:03 -0500

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > we intent to buy new web server hardware.  We want to run Debian GNU/Linux
> > on a Sun system.  I wonder if zope could profit from a multi-processor
> > architecture on such a system.

If you mix in ZEO (now open source), yes it can.  With ZEO you can run
independent Zope processes that all refer to the same site.  The global
interpreter lock becomes irrelevant.

> > Zope server starts several threads.  So could they be split over the
> > different processors automatically, can I enforce it or is it not
> > possible.
> Sorry for quoting myself but I need this information today because we
> have a meeting with some salesman.  If I can not clearly answer this
> question it might be bad for implementing zope in our institute because
> a wrong designed hardware could lead to another software than zope and
> this would be a shame.

Then ZEO is exactly what you're looking for.

Shane