[Zope] RE: BSD 4 installation

Webmaster webmaster@swamishyam.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:24:16 -0500

I haven't solved my BSD problem but I did discover that there are BSD ports
of Zope and Zope products maintained at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=zope&stype=all

I haven't been able to get the port to work yet but I suspect that it's
because I don't have root access to the server.

That will have to wait till Monday when the *senior* tech support guys are
on duty. I called my webhost tech support last night and I happened to ask
which version of BSD they used. The 'technician' replied, and I quote:
"BSD? What does that do? I've never heard of it."

I pointed out that BSD was the version of Unix on all his host servers.

At least he made me feel like less of Unix newbie.

:)

Lee Hunter
Hum Communications Ltd.