[Zope] Instance within Instance

Daryl Stultz daryl@together.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:25:05 -0500

> You should look at the source of your "class2_add",
> especially the constructor that creates the object.
>
> I expect, that you use "class2.createInObjectManager"
> to create your "class2" instance.
> "C.createInObjectManager" usually uses "C.aq_parent" to
> determine the object manager where the new C instance
> should be created (unless it has a "Destination" attribute).
> This should be your "class1" instance "instance1", more
> precisely, an acquisition wrapper for it.

Wowsers! This is all a little over my head...

I've scoured the docs and I can't find anything on aq_parent. (And
createInObjectManager is weak...) Wouldn't the object manager (to add
object to) be determined by the URL? I've done
REQUEST.set('URL','...myClass1/') but that doesn't help. Isn't there
SOMETHING in the REQUEST object that tells it where things should get
created?

Anymore info (or pointers to better docs) would be great. Thanks.

Daryl Stultz - python, blender, robots, really bad harmonica playing...
daryl@together.net
RedHat Linux 6.1 - Dual Pentium Pro