[Zope] Possible disaster upgrading to 2.2.4

Jonathan Cheyne jonathan@home-all.org.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:09:57 +0000 (GMT)

ok, its deffo to do with my data.fs cos the errors only start after that
has been copied across. But the errors are different if i compare
the console output from a failing 2.2.4 to a 2.2.0. If i do not install
zdiscussions on 2.2.0 i only get the oid errors as items requiring display
are requested from the database. with 2.4.4 i get the extra cannot import
errors before zope starts regardless of whether zdiscussions are installed
or not. something in zdbase is very different in 2.4.4.

questions:

1. Will packing my data.fs help? I havent done this since well never.

2. Is the potential corruption of my data.fs likely to explode in my face
without warning or is it/ will it only manifest itself during things liek
product installs, upgrades etc?

cheers

Jonathan