[Zope] Factoids for supporting zope

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:18:08 -0500

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZWN/ZWN-2000-11-08

That should give you a good idea... My guess is that there are
probably 1-2,000 active developers with more like 500 very active
(building products, submitting bugs, betas and code). You should,
however, be careful with these numbers b/c some of the more success
Open Source projects are run by under 10 developers (Postgresql for
one).

The three big things that point to a bright future of Zope/DC and
that any business clown should be able to figure out are...

1) DC was profitable as a consulting company
2) DC just got $12,000,000 in a harsh market
3) Guido and his python dev team are now at DC

Again... this is time break out and rejoice. We might have to rename
2001 "The Year of Zope".