[Zope] Python Script and O'Reilly Book

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:36:42 -0800

Hi folks,

We get quite a bit of mail about how the book and Python Scripts don't
make sense with each other any more.  We're aware of a couple issues:

o The Book says "Python Method" and documents the version in CVS

o The current release of "Python Methods" does not work with the book
examples, you need to check them out of CVS (are there may still be some
issues)

o "Python Methods" are now "Python Scripts"

o The book explains "Methods" in a unified way, this needs to be split
up and broken out.

We apologize for the inconsistencies.  Obviously, these things are going
to all be worked out real soon now.  We wanted to make a general
announcement because we just can't handle all of the questions that come
to us directly by mail.  We want to warn you though: Python Scripts are
alpha, CVS code.  Additionaly, the book is "beta" documentation.
Neither of these artifacts are finished or released yet, so please
always be aware that you need to use them at your own discretion.

-Michel