[Zope] ZCatalog and LoginManager - be aware.

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:23:52 +0100

> The problem is that one of your databases doesn't define the commit_sub()
> and abort_sub() methods on the DB class it exposes.  You don't say which
> SQL
> database you're using, but this happened to me on a consulting project
> with
> ZOracleDA.  A solution is to add the following methods to the database
> adapter's DB class inside DB.py:

> def commit_sub(self, *arg, **kw):
>    pass

> def abort_sub(self, *arg, **kw):
>    pass

> This isn't optimal, because it sort of breaks transactional integrity, but
> it does make it work.

Thanks for your reply. I use ZPoPyDA (0.6.4 says the readme).

I think I will not apply that patch (thanks nonetheless),
because I have no requirements for indexing big amounts
of text. And as I understand it, _indexing_ (as opposed to
normal searches) is the only action where subtransactions
help.
My main motivation for posting was to get that problem
into the public, so that others may find it while doing
desperate searches in this mailing list ;-).
And perhaps - if I dare - to suggest to disable
subtransactions in ZCatalog by default.

cheers,
oliver