[Zope] ZopeWeaver?

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:35:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Simon Coles wrote:

> Yes, this works fine on the Mac. I suspect the difference is because
> on the Mac they are taking the http content types to figure out the
> content, but on Windows they are being lazy and using the file
> extension. Why they didn't use the same code I don't know.

Thats just the way Windows works. Somehow M$ chose to determine the
filetype by the file extension, and the file extension only (and then
they chose to _hide_ the extension by default... ;).

A somehow related issue is that IE seems to prefer file extensions over
any HTTP headers, MIME types and such.

Mac has a forked filesystem keeping type information separately. Thus no
problem with names.

Cheers,
Stefan