[Zope] security

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:52:56 +0000

* Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> [001128 00:12]:
> Bowyer, Alex writes:
>  > Can some one explain how the Define Permissions screen works. I really don't
>  > understand the concept behind it, what does it mean for a permission setting
>  > to own a permission?
>  >
>  > All I need to do is to make certain ZClass methods have a certain level of
>  > security and the other methods of the class have no security.

> It is quite good explain in the upcoming Zope book.

In fact, I think Alex was referring to ZClass security, which isn't
covered in the book, and is something I've never go to the bottom of either.
on the 'define permissions' tab, it says:

   The table below has two columns. The first column lists the
   permissions for this object. The second column specifies the
   permissions that should have this permission in this product
   or ZClass.

I'm probably being intellectually lazy or something, but that doesn't
make any sense to me at all.

seb.