[Zope] strange behaviour of ZSQL methods

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:10:51 +0100

> At 15:30 29.11.2000, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
>>You didn't tell what SQL-Database you use, but Postgres and Mysql allow
>>logging/monitoring of the queries they get. So you are able to get the
>>information straight before/while it hits the backend.

> Yes, I'm using Postgres - just discovered the "-o"-flag, but I don't know
> exactly how to log all SQL-queries right now. Guess, I'll read a bit in
> the
> Postgres book and the manpages.

Perhaps this spares some time, digged out of my .bash_history, a relic
from LoginManager experiments (really handy there...).

First stop postgres and then ...

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -o "-i -d 3" -D /var/lib/pgsql/data start

(YMMV with the path etc...)

This logs everything to the console. You can vary the debugging level,
3 is a bit "vocal", try 2.

cheers,
oliver