[Zope] Help with Nested ZSQL methods

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:00:27 -0600

I thought I saw this answer to this one time on http://www.zope.org once,
but for the life of me I cannot seem to find it.

I have two ZSQL methods, both tested and work.

ZSQL method 1
===========================
method id= sql_get_schedules
SELECT * FROM Schedules WHERE JobID = <dtml-var JobID> ORDER BY SchedSeq

ZSQL method 2
===========================
method id= sql_get_items
SELECT * FROM Items WHERE SchedID = <dtml-var SchedID> ORDER BY ItemNo

These two tables are linked by the common field "SchedID"

Here's the operative part of the dtml method that calls these methods:
<dtml-in sql_get_schedules>
     <TABLE BORDER="3">
     <TR><TH>Item No.</TH><TH>Description</TH><TH>Mn/DOT
No.</TH><TH>Units</TH></TR>
     <dtml-in sql_get_items>
          <TR>
               <TD><dtml-var ItemNo></TD>
               <TD><dtml-var Description></TD>
               <TD><dtml-var MnDOTNo></TD>
               <TD><dtml-var UnitDescription></TD>
         </TR>
     <dtml-in>
     <TABLE>
</dtml-in>

I get the error:

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: ['SchedID']

I suspect there is some type of namespace-related problem going on here
where the var SchedID is not getting passed to the internal ZSQL method.

P. Johnson

P.S.: I must Lotus Notes ( http://www.iarchitect.com/lotus1.htm ) at my
place of employment.  Any errantly inserted HTML or other weird garbage not
intentional.