[Zope] Re: DC and the PTK?

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:54:46 -0500

I'll take the blame on this miscommunication.  I'm the one that told
Gary not to take support contracts on PTK.

We have a nearly ironclad support policy: we don't support stuff that
isn't official.  We won't support ZDiscussions, for instance.  If we had
to support everything we made available, then we'd stop making as much
stuff available.

Consulting, on the other hand, is a different story.  As Ethan noted, we
use PTK stuff in our consulting engagements, because we are directly
involved in the development of the solution and know where the bodies
are buried. :^)

PTK is part of our march towards getting into content management, and I
agree that we need to march quickly to a 1.0 release.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909
The Open Source Zope application server