[Zope] database connection problem (halting Zope)

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:32:44 +1000

+-------[ Hrasky Petr ]----------------------
| Hello everybody,

Hi..

| 	I understand that long query blocks database connection, but I thought
| Zope is threaded, so it should run other requests not using this
| database connection just fine, no?

You are correct, that should be the case.

| Could it be that the python binary used is not compiled for threading?

Perhaps, but, I think Zope will fail to start if your python does not
support threading.

| I spent yesterday afternoon and this
| morning looking for solution to this problem on the net, but with no
| luck yet.
|
| Can anybody enlighten me why is that? And what can I do to fix this.

It might be that the ODBC driver for MySQL is serialising all accesses
to MySQL (i.e. the MySQL ODBC driver is not threaded). This is a bit
of a guess though.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |