[Zope] sendmail tag strangeness

Scott Burton scott@launchpoint.net
Sun, 01 Oct 2000 14:13:59 -0700

--MS_Mac_OE_3053254440_367021_MIME_Part

I have searched around about sendmail tag problems on the list and have
found similar answers to my question. However none of them work.

I have used this syntax
<dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost">
To: <<dtml-var recipient>>
From: <me@mydomain.com>
Subject: <Whatever>

body....

</dtml-sendmail>

I pay close attention to not having any whitespace before the To: and From:
headers.

I receive this error from multiple SMTP hosts: 503 must have sender and
recipient first

 I can send an email with this syntax:

<dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost" mailto="you@yourdomain.com"
mailfrom="me@mydomain.com">

body...

</dtml-sendmail>

The problem is, I have to put in the recipient by hand. This method is
supposed to email a recipient after filling out a form so the recipient has
to be a variable. When I try using <dtml-var recipient> or &dtml-recipient;
or _[recipient] I still have errors or the SMTP log shows that the variable
does not get evaluated and shows up as a string of <&dtml-recipient;> as
being the recipient in the SMTP header.

Is this a bug? Is there something else I could try?

TIA

Scott B.

--MS_Mac_OE_3053254440_367021_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>sendmail tag strangeness</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I have searched around about sendmail tag problems on the list and have fou=
nd similar answers to my question. However none of them work.<BR>
<BR>
I have used this syntax<BR>
&lt;dtml-sendmail mailhost=3D&quot;MailHost&quot;&gt;<BR>