[Zope] database connection problem (halting Zope)

Hrasky Petr Petr.Hrasky@bnp-dresdner-bank.cz
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:04:01 +0200

Hello,
thank you for answers. To clarify:
I run Zope-2.2.2/Linux2.2.14/MySQL-ZMySQLDA1.1.3nonbin at home and
Zope-2.2.2-binary/NT4.0Workstation/ZODBCDA3.1.0b2 (Oracle 8i ODBC,
Sybase11.5)at work. Oracle connection at work and MySQL (at home just
for testing) run looong queries and halt Zope. I have no such queries
for Sybase yet.
	I will try to recompile python for linux, but I can't do so for WinNT
as I have no compiler. Anyway I thought the python distributed with
binary release of Zope is threaded, no?

So, does anybody know of either binary and threaded Zope driver for
Oracle , Sybase etc. or the same ODBC driver? And what is the state of
python threading on WinNT paltform?

Thanks,

	Petr