[Zope] script execution timeout?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 23:05:59 +0200 (CEST)

seb writes:
 > > Is there a place to define a script execution timeout?
 > Try setting an alarm using the signal module, wrapping the GET request
 > in a try clause, and then setting the alarm to 0 in the finally clause.
Be very careful with signals of any kind inside Zope:

  I had to patch ZServer, as the Oracle client library
  used signals (probably SIGALRM)
  when the Oracle server was unavailable.
  Under Solaris 2.7, this resulted in ZServer's
  "select" call being aborted with "Interrupted system call".
  Zserver was unprepared for this event and died.

Dieter