[Zope] 'websafe' colours

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:48:38 +1100

On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Stephan Goeldi wrote:

> > > What makes the other 15,777,203 'unsafe'?
>
> If you mean the 'browsersafe colours' then there are 218.

Yes, my mistake. I did mean 'browser safe'.  I was aware of the previous
belief of 216 (mostly because of 256 colour modes less 40 system colours),
but as I stated, a recent study has "dispelled the myth", claiming (and now I
correct myself :)  only 22 browser safe colours.

http://slashdot.org/articles/00/09/08/1622204.shtml has some more details,
and a link to the actual article.

> >The only other possible reason I can recall is that some of the 'named'
> >colours are not supported by all browsers, or are not interpreted the
> > same.
>
> No, the problem is, that they are not displayed the same.

Not long after posting my message I realised this also. (o8

> -goe-

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney