[Zope] Name lookup emulation with a Product

Pierre-Julien Grizel grizel@mouli.net
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:11:47 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to perform a name lookup inside a product, relying on
acquisition, property and REQUEST lookups.

In fact, I want to use the DTML Reference / Table 7 schema to look-up
variables.

I know how to perform REQUEST lookups.
I know how to perform object properties lookups.
I know how to perform acquisition lookups.

I could write a method of my own to try to imitate the Zope process, but
is there an already existing method (that would be used by the dtml-var
source code, for example), that already does the job for me ?

I found the BaseRequest / traverse method that seems to do it, but is
there a convinient way to call it ?

Many thanks,

Pierre-Julien

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    you tend to see every problem as a nail.