[Zope] Name lookup emulation with a Product

Pierre-Julien Grizel grizel@mouli.net
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:38:05 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:

> Pierre-Julien Grizel wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to perform a name lookup inside a product, relying on
> > acquisition, property and REQUEST lookups.
>
> Are you talking about a python product's __call__ method, by any chance?
>
> Chris

Ahem... Not exactly...
I want my product to be callable with two method, say "m1" and "m2",
that perform different tasks.
And, inside those methods, I need to check some variables, which may be
of several kinds (REQUEST, properties & so on).

If found little help in the mailing list history :
http://www.egroups.com/message/zope/40811
It references a mysterious (for me !) "md" attribute, which relates to
the namespace. Uh, uh... Maybe is there a way to do what I want with
this ?...
...But how ?.....

Thanks,

P.-J.

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    you tend to see every problem as a nail.