[Zope] Name lookup emulation with a Product

Pierre-Julien Grizel grizel@mouli.net
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:09:39 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:

> Pierre-Julien Grizel wrote:
> >
> > I want my product to be callable with two method, say "m1" and "m2",
> > that perform different tasks.
>
> How would these methods be called?
>
> Chris

Well, I've got my product P somewhere in my object hierarchy.

Its methods _should_ be called <dtml-var "P.m1 (<param1>)">

where <param1> is a string parameter my method needs to know.

I'd like to avoid the _.None and _ stuff if there is a way to do so.

I looked at the __call__ method (and read the 'isDocTemp' thread ;-)  )
and, if I must, I can replace m1 and m2 with a __call__ method taking
another parameter specifying what kind of action it has to do.

Many thanks,

P.-J.

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    you tend to see every problem as a nail.