[Zope] Zope in Windows is faster than Linux ???

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:39:41 +0100

>> We have been stress testing our Zope application on NT and Linux. Our
>> conclusion is that OS is not a factor in Zope performance.

>Can we see some profiling data from that to support your statement?

Its all application-specific, and theres nothing I can release at the
moment. Essentially the timings were all within a 15% band after a
little tweaking.

Personally I don't think this result is at all suprising: In a loaded
Zope system the processor spends all its time executing the python VM,
not OS code.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com