[Zope] Zope.org Feature Request - Product Download Counter

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:17:19 -0400

It would be really nice to know how many people are downloading the
products. This would also be a great feature to add to the actual
Zope distribution. I know you could get this from the logs (easily)
but you could also add a small counter to the product 'view' method,
something along the lines of what is in the Simple Url products (BTW
one of my favorites) and make it something you can turn on or off for
your products.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('hitcount', hitcount + 1)">
<dtml-call "propertysheets.public.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(url)">

Thanks,