[Zope] Re: Quoting

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:35:49 +0200 (CEST)

Chris Withers writes:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Note, that probably Zope user names may contain characters not
 > > allowed in Cookie values.
 >
 > I wonder how hard it would be to implement the following:
 >
 > <dtml-var something cookie_quote> Quote all characters not allowed in a
 > cookie
It would be easy. The "unquote" would be trickier, because it
can not rely on the fact, that the cookie value was quoted.

Otherwise, one could implement quoting/unquoting transparently
(the best solution from a user point of view).

 > <dtml-var somethinh id_quote> Quote all characters not allowed in a Zope
 > 2.2 id (this one could be really handy ;-)
Would this really help you?

Where would you use this "id_quote"?
The only useful place might be the action of an object creation
or renaming.
However, I am not sure, that I would prefer to get a strangely
encoded id rather than an exception that tells me some characters
are not allowed in Id's.

Dieter