[Zope] Easiest way to turn X-Forwarded-For to Remote-IP?

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:33:31 +0200

>  > As I finally installed mod_proxy_add_forward, I get original address in
>  > X-Forwarded-For header (REQUEST['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']).
>  >
>  > The question is: can I do something easy to automatically perform
>  >      if(remote_ip = 127.0.0.1 and X-Forwarded-For exists) then
>  >               set remote_ip = whatever is in X-Forwarded-For
>  > logic? In particular, I would like changed IP to be used by Zope access
>  > control and Zope log.
> We have had similar problems.
>
> Friendly people from NIP made a HowTo patch Apache to let the
> information through.
>
> If you do not want to patch Apache, you can use a SiteAccess (--> zope.org)
> AccessRule in your top (logical) folder to modify your
> REQUEST object as you like.

Does there exist some sample of such usage? Can such a change be
performed before authorization?

I use SiteRoot to translate addressess between external and internal (in
subdirectories, not in main directory). Can those approaches be merged
one with another?

--
http://www.mk.w.pl /
 Marcin.Kasperski | Sztuczki i kruczki w C++: