[Zope] Access Control vs Publishing Protoco

Seb Bacon sebbacon@email.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:44:12 +0100

Oh dear, I fear that this is going round and round and round in circles a
bit, and that no-one else is following it, but here goes anyway :>

> The "traversable" permission would be an additional requirement
> to view any object. Its main purpose would be to distinguish
> between "use via Web" and "use in DTML only".
> "standard_html_*" would be usable in DTML but could not be viewed
> via the web. They would not give "traversable" permission to
> Anonymous.
> Many DTML objects, however, would need to give the "traversable"
> permission even to Anonymous in order to be useful.

OK, I think we're talking about the same thing now...but could you give me
an example of any object that would need to be traversable by Anonymous?
index_html, for example,  doesn't need to be traversable (I still prefer
'listable').  Viewable TTW, yes, but that's all.

seb.