[Zope] Authentication headers & firewall port redirection

Roland C. Reumerman zope_ddi@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:34:28 CEST

As stated in an email some time before I ran into some problems concerning
accessing my password protected Zope site.

The situation:
* Zope 2.2.2 runs on a web server called www.datadistilleries.com on port
8080
* the web site it offers is protected with Zope's own authentication
mechanism
* the firewall redirects any HTTP requests for
www.datadistilleries.com/ddsn (i.e., port 80) to
www.datadistilleries.com:8080/ddsn.

However, one has to click 3 times on that Login link before the login dialog
appears. Then it seems to build up a connection, but doesn't. I click on the
login link again, and I'm in and everything works as expected.

Now it seems that somehow the combination of Zope-generated authenticated
headers and the firewall redirection rule do not match: does the header
include URL information? That would imply it tries to access
www.datadistilleries.com:8080/ddsn (Zope generated port) instead of plainly
www.datadistilleries.com:80/ddsn (firewall listen port).

BTW, it cannot run on port 80 because the default web server is already
listening to that port.

Question: is it possible to somehow make Zope send HTTP authentication
headers that have port 80 included instead of port 8080?