[Zope] WriteLocking Project Initialized

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:18:49 -0400

<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WriteLocking/FrontPage>

WriteLocking became a full fledged Fishbowl Project this week, and I've been
spending the past couple of days getting the initial Artifacts and structure
of the Project site together.  The current structure should stand through
elaboration.  There is no planned schedule yet as the Risks themselves are
still being scoped out and the UseCases haven't even been started on yet,
but it is currently planned to get the proposed functionality into Zope 2.3.

The main pages of interest right now are:

VisionStatement (what the project is about, from the original proposal)
 <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WriteLocking/VisionStatement>

RecentChanges
 <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WriteLocking/RecentChanges>

CurrentStatus (I really will work on keeping this up to date)
 <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WriteLocking/CurrentStatus>

There are other pages outlining

 o RiskFactors (this is the one most actively being worked on right now),
 o TargetClients (LOCKing WebDAV clients we're planning to test against),
 o ProjectGlossary (Terms and definitions)

And the general ProjectDiscussion page at
 <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WriteLocking/ProjectDiscussion>

I ask that if you make comments on the proposal to either do them on the
ProjectDiscussion page or on the zope-dev@zope.org list.  Please read the
Scope section of the VisionStatement first, which outlines both what the
intended goals Are and Are Not.

Remember that the project is still in the early stages of Elaboration, and
some of the artifacts are incomplete.  In light of this election season, I
pledge to you I will try my hardest to go to work 50+ miles south of
Washington and fight to keep the information flowing through the Wiki
updated and available to ALL Zope people, everywhere.  No fuzzy math in
these parts!