[Zope] dtml-in loop to capture records

Richard Folwell richard@folwell.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:53:23 +0100

> Okay, this works fine, in MOST of my forms, but I have other forms where
> this doesnt work at all and I get errors saying that the ITEM is a bad
> request. I dont get it, what am I missing here that this works some
> places and in other places with almost identical syntax, it falls over.

I came across this error today.  (The problem may not be the same.)  In our
case it occurred because the SQL, whilst well-formed and valid, violated a
database constraint - was trying to put zero length strings into fields of a
table where this was not allowed.

The problem was tracked down by firstly displaying the request data using:

<dtml-var REQUEST>

then trying to input the same data manually.

HTH,

Richard