[Zope] Problems with mysql and sql methode

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:41:27 +0200

> MySQL is case-sensitive over table names, so MERCHANTPAYMENT is not the
> same as merchantpayment.

> Other databases (Postgresql, Informix) are not.

> Perhaps the Access/ODBC interface hides the case-sensitivity while the
> direct ZMySQLDA does not ?

Hmm, I'm not very clear about differences between handling of (table, column) names
in sql-databases, but postgres IS case sensitive (in some sense).

Few days ago I wrote to messages to this list describing my problems
with postgres and capitals in column-names. The handling of these will
render <dtml-sqltest ..> useless, because it doesn't quote the name of the
vars. I that case postgres will not respect capital letter (will turn them
lowercase) but also won't find the column which name is written uppercase.

I think it would be usefull to collect the behaviour of different databases
and try to find a solution which will work with all of them.
The solution we have now clearly doesn't do that.

cheers,
oliver