[Zope] Trying to follow tutorial

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:40:58 +0200

> Hi all, I am trying to follow the quick tutorial and immediately run into
> things I do not understand. I am trying to create a folder as explained in
> the docs.
> I get the error:
>
> Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
> Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the superuser
>
> This is the example in which "Stan" needs to create a folder. Can anyone
> tell me
> what goes wrong and how to get it right?

This is related to the tutorial not being up to date with the current
zope version, but is simply remedied.

Go to the management interface and add a zope user in the acl_users
folder. Give it Management rights. Shut you browser, reopen it and
authenticate as the user you just entered. Get on with the tutorial...

hth

Rik